FSI operates in Europe via its offices in Sweden. Our Swedish team is focused on the following activities:
- Conducting large scale testing of all FSI products in a number of locations in Sweden, especially in Mora where there is very strong support from the local council and access to the Mora airport fire testing infrastructure.
- Managing our growing relationship with a number of Swedish agencies including the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) and the Research Institutes of Sweden (RISE). RISE is a collaboration partner on a number of projects including the European certification of all FSI’s products.
- Managing our key account relationships with large European textiles and furniture companies, including IKEA of Almhult which is a long term customer of FSI and its Swedish predecessor company prior to our merger in 2018.
- Providing key inputs into the design and functionality of all FSI products. Our FSI Europe team is comprised of fire fighting and textiles experts who routinely contribute to our R&D activities and interaction with manufacturing partners to ensure FSI products can be upscaled from the laboratory into large scale factory manufacture.
- The team is highly active in conducting critical business development activities to open pathways into large European supply opportunities. Europe is a key market focus of FSI given its size and homogenisation of European standards. Europe is also now facing increased fire threats caused by global warming and has shown considerable and increasing interest in wildfire and building protection products. FSI Europe is participating with RISE and a large number of European universities and research agencies in EU grant programs designed to rapidly develop improved knowledge and capabilities to deal with wildfire threats.
- FSI Europe is also closely aligned with our chemical manufacturing partner Vasco (vasco.se) which is a eco-friendly century old family business located in the pristine environment of Fjallbacka on the west coast of Sweden.